The Office of the Solomon Islands Electoral Commission in its preparation towards the by Election, is seeking to recruit temporary Election officials for Central Honiara and North East Guadalcanal Constituency. Period of temporary engagement with Electoral Commission will be from April to July 2020.
5 x Assistant Returning Officer (Central Honiara Constituency)
2 x Assistant Returning Officer (North East Guadalcanal Constituency)
1 x Communication and Admin Assistant (Central Honiara Constituency)
1 x Communication and Admin Assistant (North East Guadalcanal)
Qualification/Experience/Skills & Other Requirements
- Tertiary qualification in any relevant field
- Have past experience in electoral work
- Have experience in recruiting and supervising others
- Have experience in managing funds and timely acquittals
- Excellent inter personal and communication skills
- Good level of computer literacy
- Ability to understand and comply with the Electoral Act and approved policy
- Must be able to coordinate electoral work throughout the constituency during the election period
- Good knowledge of the Province and Constituency of application
- Good character/no past police record
- Must be neutral – no political affiliations with candidates or political groupings of any kind.
Full details on the duties of the position can be obtained from the Human Resources Division of the Electoral Commission Office at Vavaya Ridge, Honiara. The closing date for applications is 17th March 2020.
All queries relating to this advertisement should be directed to the Human Resources Unit on Mobile Phone: (+677)7346629 or (+677)7942994 or Email David Tony, email adress: firstname.lastname@example.org or Joy Manu, email adress: email@example.com
All applications to be addressed to The Chief Electoral Officer, Office of the Electoral Commission, Honiara, and hand delivered at the Electoral Commission Office, Vavaya Ridge, Honiara or send via email to the addresses provided above.
The Office of the Electoral Commission upholds the requirement of Equal Employment Opportunity therefore qualified & experienced females are encouraged to apply.